Thursday, April 10, 2008

Confused and Overwhelmed

Two words that accurately define me right now are confused and overwhelmed. I find myself at a place in my life where things seem to be turning in many different directions. For the past few months, I've struggled with who I really am in God, what my purpose and calling are, what God wants me to do. In addition to the ministry side of me, much of my secular job situations are changing as well. I've been offered two different positions in the company over the past three months, both of which would change the course of my family financially. One position would be a drop in pay for a year and then a major pay increase would occur and the other would be an instant pay increase (fairly sizable at that). What to do? I'm ready to move forward and do what it is that God has planned. Right now its just a waiting on God time in our lives. Whatever the outcome, I'm waiting on God. So for the moment, being confused and overwhelmed is where I am at. But even still, God is leading me into something deeper, something more than I've ever known before. It's a heavy feeling, an uncomfortable position, but beautiful. The title of a song comes to mind, Broken and Beautiful. I understand it more and more as the time goes on. I don't know what will happen, but I'm trusting God to do what it is He wants with me. I'm empty God, come fill me.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

HEATH, I SIMLY CANNOT BELIEVE IT! I COULD HAVE WRITTEN THIS PART OF YOUR BLOG. YOU'VE SPOKEN RIGHT FROM MY HEART. IT IS UPLIFTING AND ENCOURAGING TO KNOW THAT GOD IS WORKING IN AND AROUND US. I AM HOLDING ON TO THAT PROMISE. CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR MORE.